Thursday, November 22, 2007

Mindomo - Software for Mind Mapping the Web 2.0 Way



Ever since I read the book: Mind Map Book by Tony Buzan, I have been using this wonderful technique for almost everything. Mind mapping is a great way to organize one's thoughts and
to brainstorm. I've used mind mapping at work, with my studies, and sometimes simply to help my thinking. I also found this very helpful when preparing for speeches at Toastmasters.

In the past I used the open source software: Freemind.
This is a really powerful tool and I've done very complex mind maps with Freemind.

However, during the past year, I have started using more Web2.0 software and it wasn't long before I started looking for a Web2.o tool for mind mapping.

Last week I started using Mindomo which is a web based mind mapping software. You can use it free for up to 7 private mind maps. Compared to Freemind, this is easier to use as I don't need to open another application each time. I can simply use my browser. When I click a hyperlink on the mind map it can open in another tab on the same browser window, which I find very helpful. It is also possible to share the mind map as an HTML page.

No comments: